Saturday, July 16, 2005

handsome

Just watched the entire Amazon.com "A Show of Thanks" concert. Although, it wasn't really a concert. It was two concerts, three interviews, a LOTR special and a strange man playing accordion on behalf of Mr. Snicket. And also a short New List of Rules from Bill Maher. It was just another groundbreaking internet event.

Everything functioned. I was never cut off or left adrift by technology. The video was clear and smooth. The sound was rich. I have my computer plugged into my stereo so I got the full effect. Who'd a thunk it? Bill talked about Bob Dylan doing a concert on the internet and how he could remember when Bob first went electric. The intro for Bob was about how he was making his strongest music now and yet he played 98% old stuff from the 70s. I don't mind. I like his old stuff better. Bob lost me with "Blood on the Tracks" and "John Wesley Harding." Maybe I'm not a real Bob Dylan fan. I am hungry to hear his old stuff, which I will do as soon as I finish posting this.

Norah Roberts is ... I'd like to say divine but that's not right. She's not an angel. She's a sort of sultry, very luscious Bonnie Raitt. Her voice vibrates like a bass fiddle on honey. She sings so effortlessly, as if it were easy, and maybe it is. Maybe she's a natural singer. I don't mind. She's a great blessing to us all. Her set was totally terrific. It also was amazing to listen to her sing with Bob Dylan.

Watching a show at home is definitely the way to go. It's more comfortable, no travel time and it's a lot easier to take pictures. No security issues, either.

Screen shots:


btw, did you ever try to look up who plays what on the actual DVD? Nowhere does it list the credits. You do have a list of players, so, if you can't remember who played what you have to use a process of elimination. As in, "Nope, Miranda Otto didn't play Faramir." Alright, I looked it up here. It was David Wenham. So incredibly handsome (word of the evening).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails