Saturday, April 02, 2005

Yesterday evening I met some friends. Three guys. We sat in a bar. I brought up my recent break up. They asked the inevitable question, "What happened?" I said (quoting), "It was him, not me." Silence and some nodding. "What is it with guys?" I said. "Why don't they just tell the truth?" One friend looked at me kindly and said,"Maybe he was trying to spare your feelings." "What feelings!" I said sarcastically, "He was breaking up with me!" Silence. "Whose feelings? ... Oh, his!" How perverse is that? He want's to feel good about breaking up so he tries to look good while telling me it's over.

Guys, two things.

  1. Tell the whole truth when breaking up. It's the nice thing to do.

  2. If you feel the need to look good or be really nice when breaking up, then you shouldn't be breaking up.



Song of the Day: No Feelings, Sex Pistols
No Feelings

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails