Sunday, November 14, 2004

Time flies when you're sick!! I've had a cold to manage in my spare time, so haven't been here.

I have, however, found time to answer communications from someone at eHarmony. So, we survived all four phases and entered "Open Communication" and then he decided he had too much going on in his life and closed the match.

I took a look at my "Closed Matches." There's about 20 of them. Some closed before they opened. Why do I keep eDating when it doesn't really work? Finding a significant other is a highly personal decision. How do you make that decision by only writing words—absent the voice, the form, the smell, the gesture of the intended? Those qualities are what make a day-to-day relationship. How can that be evaluated through a medium that removes them?

Why do I keep doing this?

  • A. It's easy. Matches are pushed to me. I don't have to search.

  • B. It's quick. I spend about 30 minutes typing and that's it. I'm done.

  • C. It's safe. I'm spared awkward silences and instant responses. No issues about kissing or what to say when he drops me off at the end of the evening.


It's what I do when I don't really feel like looking but feel too guilty about not looking to not do anything about it. I definitely need a new plan.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails