Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's nice, in a way, to be back to normal and then in another way not so nice. What is nice? No more fear. No more intense longing for the beach. No more excitement. My feet are on the ground again. What's not so nice? No more intense longing for the beach. My feet are on the ground again. My life is flat. Isn't it odd? Life has got to be the weirdest contraption ever devised.

The sun goes down. The night comes up. It's all flat. Like plain ribbons of featureless color. I feel nothing. Well, sometimes I feel a little sad. Sometimes I feel a little angry or irritable. But mostly I feel nothing. At least at this moment. As I write I'm planning my shopping list with the other part of my head.

I was feeling better everyday. I thought it was the St. John's Wort but it wasn't. No one wants to know this. Well, then. Stop reading! Anyway, I was feeling better every day. It wasn't an overwhelming feeling of being lifted from the earth and placed into another dimension. It was like going slowly uphill and not really realizing how high I was until I looked over the first curve into the valley. Now I'm coming down, and. as we all know, it's a lot faster downhill.

Only time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails