Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Stop! No more!

Perhaps you're familiar with the spaghetti scene in "Magical Mystery Tour." It's the one with the fat woman sitting at a table with a huge plate of spaghetti in front of her and a big grin on her face. She sits there with the napkin tucked under her chin and the fork and knife poised over her plate. She eats all the spaghetti and as soon as she's done they bring her more. She eats all that and they bring her more. They keep bringing it until she falls behind and the entire table is overwhelmed with spaghetti and the woman is about ready to throw up. That's sort of how I feel now.

Writing is fun and I really like it but having to write 5,000 words a day today, tomorrow and the next day is killing it for me. Enough! Stop! No more! 1600 words a day is quite comfortable and pleasant. However, I did sign up for this so I'm going to keep writing until I win (50,000 words by midnight Friday).

:::sigh::::

Feel sorry for me? Or enjoying my misery? Why not donate to the non-profit organization that made this possible: The Office of Letters and Light. I've got a page all set up on First Giving for you. Donate now! And thank you for furthering literacy and encouraging me to stay in this cell until I reach 50,000 words.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails