Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hello

I'm still here, in case you were wondering or even if you weren't. Having a bit of a mini-vacation at Mom's. Saw the musical "Man of La Mancha" last night. The creative director gave it a very interesting treatment. Fortunately he prepared us for it before the show. I thought at first, "Ugh! Modern dance." It was nothing like that. I actually enjoyed it. The way the story was told it was sort of dark. Mom didn't really care for that. It's a really excellent production. I recommend you see it if you can. Today is the last performance. Hie thee to the beach!

I also have made progress on the novel nearly every single day. Starting off as a mystical fantasy it has morphed into a romantic comedy. Well, the important thing is that I'm writing and having fun. The only way to learn how to write a novel is to write one. Just sit down and do it. I've read lots of books on writing and had more than one English class and survived a couple of writing intensive college-level Psychology classes. Novel writing is nothing like any of that. You just have to write. I remember Kurt Vonnegut saying something like that in the video portion of an online class I took. "Yeah, right." I thought. It can't be that simple. Well, it is. If you want to write, just do it.

The editing, clean up and making it ready to print. Well, that's another story.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails