Monday, November 12, 2007

Here's the way it goes ...

Green is for good days. Red is for bad.
All week I've been thinking about how much writing I'm going to get done over the long weekend. Yesterday I got lucky and I also pushed myself to get over 11.5K. Today I thought I would write in the morning before my interview and then come back and write more in the afternoon.

Yesterday was such a lovely day that I had to work outside for awhile. Most of the morning I was either at Mom's or on the way home. I actually didn't sit down to write until early evening.

Got up early (7 a.m.) and pulled out the old portfolio thinking I would just slip in the new stuff. Well, screw me. I haven't brought the new stuff home or if I did I've hidden it really good. So, scratch morning plans and race around like an idjit having breakfast and getting dressed while watching snippets of High Fidelity and wondering where the heck my samples are. I get to the office and find the samples easily. They fit well into my portfolio. I use the table in the conference room so I can spread everything out. Great.

I get into my car and see that I have nearly 45 minutes until interview time. Well, I need to find a place to park. I find one in five minutes and sit listening in the car to an audio book (disc 7) until 20 minutes before the interview. I get to the elevator and look at my phone and remember that the car clock is very slow ever since I changed the battery and forgot to reset it. Fortunately is it only 10:31 so I'm not late, really.

Around 1:45 p.m. I stagger out of the interview building, drained, tired and hungry. By the time I finish lunch it's 2:45 (more High Fidelity – this time to the end). The day has warmed up and even though it's been sunny all day it is now amazingly beautiful outside. But it's too late to walk the dog along the river and I suddenly remember I have a class tonight I'm unprepared for and from which I will return around 8:45 which will be too late to start anything and I'll probably be tired.

Gone are all the many hours of writing I was going to do today. Oh. And then there's the time I spent writing this. Still. There is some time left. It is early in the month. I can still achieve 50K words by the 30th. But not if I keep getting sabotaged by all the things I have to do around here.

Not like it's my fault or anything.

By the way, High Fidelity has jumped into my top five movies of all time.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails