Wednesday, June 29, 2011

365: Sky 97 - green

The sky I was going to post today disappeared when I accidentally turned off my iMac just as the three-hour-plus render was finishing. I was cleaning the monitor and grasped the iMac firmly in the lower left corner. Because, yes, I am right-handed. Those of you who have a machine like mine know that the on/off switch is on the back of the lower left corner. I have to believe this is a design flaw because most of the world is right handed and you have to hold the iMac steady when you clean the screen. And, eh, voila! My render is gone. This is also a Bryce flaw as it does not save your render until it is complete. Sure, Bryce is free but then you pay with hours of learning how to use it and lost work when stuff like this happens.

So, enough with the whinging. Here's today's sky. It's quick, it's easy, and it's a standard SciFi sky from Bryce. 
Kinda cool, really. It gives this old sky a whole new twist. Could be a keeper!

I'll post the other, more traditionally-beautiful sky tomorrow. It will render overnight while I'm sleeping and unable (and unwilling) to clean items in my proximity. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails