Thursday, April 05, 2007

experiment


I'm experimenting with ArtRage a free painting program that sells for about $20 if you want the full version. It's very easy to use and makes, as you can see, images that look like paintings. It doesn't have filters (effects) and won't let me blur or smudge or blend unless I add color with a tool at the same time. But it is free (and cheap) and really easy so anyone wishing to try their hand, can. I don't have a drawing tablet at home so I can't quite do what I am able to do at work, but it's good enough for now.

Current Fads
Listening. four different radio stations (including WBAR.org and NPR); the winds of the summer sun
Watching. The Lord of the Rings (2002-2004)
Activity. staying awake
Gadget. iPod Shuffle (2nd Gen)
News Source. the news feeds in Safari
Reading. Neither Here Nor There - Bill Bryson; The Erotic Spirit - Edited by Sam Hamill; GD USA; Graphic Arts Monthly; Fortune (Yes, I really am reading them all right now—I'm a reading addict. What can I say?)

1 comment:

MKWM said...

You always come up with original ideas, Elaine. I've downloaded the art rage program, although I'm crap at drawing but this looks fun. Let's see if I'll create something worth showing...

Ah, reading books... I wish I could take the time too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails