Sunday, May 06, 2007

Nicky Holland

Whatever happened to this woman? Some day I'll have to do some research and find out.

Song of the Night: Tongue-tied and Twisted, Nicky Holland.

In the meantime, I'm plunging back into Joan Hess with Poisoned Pins. Why aren't more of her novels available? I've been reduced to driving 30 mintues to the far west end to get the ones I haven't read.

Waiting for me is The Prophecy (a movie from 1995). Blockbuster! Never be without a movie!

Although I have been productive today, taking a 2 hour hike with Pip and weeding for an hour, I have also successfully avoided doing any editing on my novel whatsoever. I did empty some stuff off of my thumb drive and saw that the file is still there. Oh well.

Okay, okay. Here's my favorite poem from Coincidence of Memory, by Viggo Mortensen:
Castro's
Am I as gone as October
at this table, two
from the one we talked
at for hours of plans
for summer and rivers,
where I marveled at
the new mystery just
inches of white linen
away?

You are still present,
dressed warmer than
necessary, tame enough
to be understood, to
say that you too are
curious about how
we might go places.
The waiter looms,
inadvertently breaking
the news that you're
really back home, perhaps
in a relieved apron state
that may fit you just fine,
for all I ever knew.
(2000-02)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails