Monday, October 15, 2007

It's Blog Action Day!

I and nearly 16 thousand others are blogging about the environment today. What can you do? Recycle, reuse or don't use. The weekly trash per person should amount to one small bag (as in carrier bag or those plastic grocery bags). The rest should be recycled some how. I'm not there yet but it is my goal.

As a Graphic Designer I'm especially sensitive to packaging. A lot of which, especially in the cosmetics industry, is waste. Electronics runs a close second.

Current Fads
Listening. Time Waits for Everyone, Viggo Mortensen; birds
Watching. Inspector Lynley Mysteries (2007?); Shakespeare Wallah (1965)
Activity. leading a retreat
Gadget. none
News Source. the news feeds in Safari
Reading. The Runes of the Earth - Stephen R. Donaldson; When Things Fall Apart - Pema Chodron; The Schwarzbein Principle II - Diana Schwarzbein; Popular Science; MacWorld; The Washington Post (Yes, I really am reading them all right now—I'm a reading addict. What can I say?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails