Saturday, March 22, 2008

Your Hand

not unlike the majestic presence of a cloud
i sense you stand in
more than muted silence gazing somewhat
facetiously
at the ruins that i'm forcefully
refurbishing.
with the confusedness of maybe that shrouds my
logic
you dim the light
and project me into your palm

– Elaine Banta Bleach Greywalker, 1971

Current Fads
Listening. Hits, Joni Mitchell; Sixty Six Steps, Leo Kottke and Mike Gordon; rushing winds
Watching. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Special Extended Edition DVD) (2004); I Dream of Jeanie episodes on Hulu
Activity. kicking out a cold
Gadget. a mysterious device
News Source. the news feeds in Safari
Reading. The Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien; Wicca - Vivianne Crowley; What Your Mother Couldn't Tell You & Your Father Didn't Know - John Gray; MacWorld; New York Times - Small Business (Yes, I really am reading them all right now – I'm a reading addict. What can I say?) Just finished reading The Shape of Water - Andrea Camilleri. Reading next: The Breakout Principle - Herbert Benson and William Proctor.
Song of the Day: Leo Kottke & Mike Gordon - Sixty Six Steps - The Grid The Grid

3 comments:

d said...

LOVE the poem. I really think you should do a book - compilation of your poetry. Here is my favorite of yours from around the same time:

Love - 2 AM -
there is half of me
somewhere
lost and confused
full blinded by lonliness
he quests for the answer
chasing leads through
all kinds
I have left a trail of smiles
he will not fail.

Elaine Greywalker said...

Thanks! I don't think I have a copy of that poem with me anywhere, so, nice to have it here.

Funny you should mention a book. I have put together a little chap book of my new stuff. Not quite the same as my old stuff. You can get hard copy or unlocked PDF here: http://www.lulu.com/content/1070078. If you prefer the PDF, let me know and I'll email it to you. :-)

Perhaps you were thinking something more extensive?

d said...

I mean an actual book of all your poetry. I looked at the chap book (I am not familiar with the term), and it is nice. Have you ever contacted a commercial book publisher and submitted your writings? Poetry or short stories or novels, etc. I'm talking about a major publishing house. You are probably thinking, of course I have, but I thought I would suggest it. Bring in the big guns, so to speak. Anywho, I enjoy reading your poetry. It's nice for me to get a perspective of life I could never come up with.

Related Posts with Thumbnails