Sunday, January 03, 2010

Virtually New Year's


From the comfort of my computer chair, I was able to watch and participate in three New Year's Eve bashes in Second Life with a bonus round in Farmville. Farmville was cute and I had my own dropping ball and I got a free level up for using it. On the other hand, Second Life was amazing! I suppose it's unfair to think that a static presentation can compete with a dynamic virtual world.

The Lindens put together a 24-hour circle of dropping balls and fireworks. There's nothing like dancing atop the pinnacle of a huge tower while others float around you and fireworks go off. It was wild. I joined the party at the half-way mark, just after London came into 2010. Then I watched The Azores and the Sandwich Islands cross over.


To wind down, I had my own fireworks event at the Blue Moon Tavern (on Gaia Rising) to celebrate the Blue Moon New Year.

I had such an expansive experience. Far better than one little local New Year's. Nice to get the total Earth perspective.

Added 1/4/10: Watch my Island Paradise rocket launch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails