Friday, October 07, 2005

I am Jenny Wren

I decided yesterday not to work since I'm on vacation. That was yesterday. As part of my vacation adventure I bought a copy of Paste. It's all about media and it's really cool. Huh. That will convince you. Actually, it's totally outrageous and well-written to boot about stuff that matters in the entertainment industry. Anyway, enough about Paste.

Half-way through the interview with Sir Paul McCartney I finished up my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (decaf) and headed over to Barnes & Noble's CD section to get the new release "Chaos and Creation in the Back Yard." (Which is odd as most English refer to their yard as a "garden.") The album is truly excellent. Go get one for yourself! Although, be careful of the rip off. I paid just as much for the CD only as you would pay in the UK for the CD/DVD combo. Now I don't know if I can even get the DVD.

Capitol Records has committed their (other) ever-present sin of not identifying any of the artists responsible for the booklet and cover art. The musicians (mostly Sir Paul) are well identified as are the instruments. It's a bleeding travesty.

Must be awful to be a survivor sometimes.

It's raining—at last.

I'm well on my way to becoming a bitter, old woman. :::sigh::::

Watching: cable tv in the hotel
Listening: Sir Paul's latest
Reading: "A Certain Age" by Tama Janowitz; Paste; USA Today; liner booklet; Writer's Digest Yearbook: Personal Writing
Activity: relaxing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey that tree we got at that presidents house is HUGE now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails