Thursday, February 16, 2006

Two Hours

Well, yes, that's how long it takes to do my laundry. At the laundromat - Affordable Laundry - or something like that. The owner knows my name because half the time I'm there when she is, like this morning when she was picking up from last night. Some people are so messy – clothes, used dryer sheets, paper, empty detergent bottles, etc.– everywhere. I, however, do not remember her name even though she's told me at least twice. She asked about my daughter and I told her she is now in Kansas. I also told her that she used up all my dryer sheets and that I found a new container in my laundry basket. She said, "You daughter treats you good." I said, "I don't know what I've done to deserve it." We had a nice laugh. You know, as parents we take far too much responsibilty for how our kids turn out. They can be whatever they want. Lucky me I have a daughter who decided to make a contribution to society and be nice to me.

Pip in the camera while I shoot the blooming beech tree.Anyway, so after that I spent some time in the yard, since it's 65 degrees in the shade and blatantly sunny and I'm on vacation. No need to trek to Florida. The sun is right here. The crazy tree over my deck is blooming! I trimmed the bushes in front of the windows and moved a couple of Canna Lilies. But mostly I drank Zimas and laid on the back deck. Okay, I lie on the deck. No, I'm telling the truth, but I was lying on the deck. Okay. You know what I mean. Here's a photo of the crazy blooming tree which I think is a beech tree as it gives off tiny nuts in the fall that Pip, the dog, eats. I'm going to try them myself this fall.

Current Fads
Music. Folk Songs
Watching. The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet (1957?)
Activity. drinking ZimaXXX
Gadget. G4
News Source. BBC News - Americas
Reading. Oyster Blues - Michael McClelland; Fortune; Reader's Digest; MacWorld; Writing Essays - Harold P. Simonson (Yes, I really am reading them all right now—I'm a reading addict. What can I say?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails