Sunday, March 26, 2006

the bottom of the page

Who actually reads that far? I do. That's where the best stuff is. For example, the bottom of the Perceval Press home page contains a final quote in French, which translated by freetranslation.com comes to "The one of the keys of a relation in love is to respect the disease that the other carries in him." There is no accreditation. So who wrote it? The quote is just above the final paragraph; a call to protect wild horses. I like to think the quote is from Viggo. Especially since it is uncredited and follows a comment that is attributed to him. See what I mean? The end of a page is the best. There is no Viggo home page, so this is as close as a person can get to finding the real Viggo. Unless you're doing an interview or working with him. I guess that goes unsaid.

Back to the French quote ... "One of the keys of a loving relationship is to respect the disease that the other carries in him." I've tried that. I respected my ex-husband's disease so much I divorced him. Some diseases I can't live with. His was one of them. Unfortunately, I also carry a disease and my lover of 12 years finally decided he couldn't live with the one I have. Funny, isn't it, how some diseases don't manifest right away or are less virulent in the beginning. I thought that love heals all. I was wrong. Love is not enough.

An artist once said to his design students that cooking is like life. It's about getting it all together. It's also about making things work with the right proportion of correct ingredients.

My mom says it's a miracle anyone finds someone and that it works.

It's a miracle that anyone finds something they can do for a living that makes them happy and wealthy. Good luck, VM.

btw: about 35 thousand do read the bottom of the page. After all, they got here somehow.

Current Fads
Listening. Carbon Leaf Echo Echo; Enya Only Time: The Collection
Watching. All of Me (1984); Monk (Season 1 - 2002)
Activity. writing
Gadget. Samsung PM-A840 phone
News Source. BBC News - Americas
Reading. The Song of the Homana –Jennifer Roberson; Fortune; Paste; Coastal Living; Writing for Quick Cash –Loriann Hoff Oberlin; Reel Fulfillment –Maria Grace (Yes, I really am reading them all right now—I'm a reading addict. What can I say?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails