Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Personal Academy Awards.

Well, I have to say that the only movies I would consider are the ones I actually saw this year. Any movie that can get me into a theater is really something these days.

"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" is the first one that comes to mind. I also saw "The Wedding Crashers" and "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith." So those are my three winners. I thought about seeing "A History of Violence" just to see what Viggo is up to these days but it never happened. I'm still stuck on his "Lord of the Rings" performance.

For best female performance, I choose Renee Zellweger in "Cinderella Man." Wow! Can she act! I mean really. She doesn't just ponce around with a look on her face and a disguise so thin all you see is Renee. That woman has talent!

For best male performance, I choose Hayden Christensen in "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith." Lucas says if you don't like him you don't like the character because Hayden played him perfectly. Totally terrific story and a great ending, even if I do have to play Episode VI after watching Episode III.

For best director, I choose Joel Schumacher for "Phantom of the Opera." It's wonderful and, yes, I did see the stage show. I love the movie. It's totally great and those who played the parts are wonderful. I prefer Emmy to Charlotte. Gerard Butler is the perfect Phantom. Go see it!

There may have been more movies worth an astronomically-priced ticket but they weren't marketed properly to my age group. I'm not 20 anymore, okay?

So, that's it for me. I haven't watched the Academy Awards in about 10 years. And I won't tonight. So have fun. See ya!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails