Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Late Bird Report

Movie: Over the Hedge
Ticket Line: very short
Audience: geek and freak families (and one stroller)
Capacity: 85%
Balcony: closed
Organ Recital: Weather-related ("Rain Drops Keep Fallin' on My Head, Oh What a Beautiful Morning" ...) and a new finale
Report: Finally, they got it right. You can watch the previews for this show and not see all the good parts. The 3-D characters are realistic with highly organic and mobile textures and parts. But, they are still characters which makes it so much fun to watch them get in and out of trouble, bounce around and bounce back. Fresh dialogue and surprising stunts. A story with warmth but not a lot of mush. I feel happy and energized. It was all new to me. I didn't know it was already a comic strip.
Don't go to the movie site if you haven't seen the show. There are a few spoilers. It's a great site!! You could skip buying the DVD part and go right there. Sort of.
Analogy: electronic pinball
Will I buy the DVD? On my wishlist
Will I watch it again if it bites me? YES! I may even seek it out.

Visit and support The Byrd Theatre. No commercials. No previews.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails