Thursday, November 02, 2006

Focus

It's amazing how a huge task will focus my mind and get me motivated. Suddenly I'm willing to do extra meditation, to hop out of bed in the morning and to get to work on time. The dog gets fed, the floor swept, the dishes done (well, once anyway). And I love it. Why? Because I have this self-inflicted goal of 50,000 words by the end of the month. Almost anything looks easy by comparison. And I'm focused. I have a purpose. It's just too cool.

The initial rush is over. I could give this up but I promised myself I would do it. The novel is started and I'm engaged, involved, hooked. Can't stop now. Word count is good but must work ahead as I'll be not writing much this weekend.

Woo hoo!

... and also there's nothing on TV.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails