Saturday, December 09, 2006

On the Edge of the Holidays

Richmond is just a great place to live. I've decided yet again. I started out the evening at Stony Point Fashion Park drinking a $4 cup of Starbucks Peppermint Mocha while watching the children ice skate on the temporary rink. It's not really ice. It's some kind of board painted white that they spray with something. Looks good though. And the kids loved it.

I wandered past and into the shops, most having their doors open. I observed who went into which shops. Men loved the gadget shops, the kitchen shop and the outdoor shops. I listened to them trying to decide what to buy and watched them try out gadgets. The Build-A-Bear shop was really busy, full of children and parents. The bath shops and Victoria's Secret attracted women.

At seven o'clock the magic snow appeared. Quite a crowd gathered. If you go, find a place five minutes before the start and stand under Foot Locker. They have the best snow. Snow glistened on my coat making me smile. As did the families with small children, and there were many. Not to mention a few grandparents. All of the restaurants were full so I decided to return to my neighborhood and visit a favorite Mexican place, Cielto Lindo. I was glad the snow was only magical.

Cielto Lindo has excellent service and surprisingly good food, considering how small it is. The personal service is what makes it special. I tried the sangria, which was very tasty.

Then back home to put together the first fire of the season. Thanks to Isabel I still have tons of wood. As a final touch, iTunes shuffled my varied collection of holiday songs. Lovely.

Does this sound like an ideal evening to you? Let me know. Maybe we can do something like this together.

Song of the Evening:
Judy Garland - Over the Rainbow - The Very Best of Judy Garland - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails