Wednesday, June 06, 2007

My Favorite Men

For those of you keen on knowing which actors and other famous men I would consider dating, here's the list. Now, not saying I'm ready to do more than have a first date, mind you. There is no regard for marital status. Here they are in no particular order.
  • Viggo Mortensen Artist and poet, good looking, enjoys horses but he smokes. Still I would give him a shot. Especially if the date involved listening to him read his poetry. His acting surprises me. He's unpredictable and very private. Somehow I feel like only I have the key. Intriguing. Ah, sweet mystery!
  • Paul McCartney You know I've always had it for The Beatles. And this one is available now, isn't he? A bit too much of a showman for me. I'm afraid I'd never know his secrets. Still, it just one date and I bet it would be fabulous. Especially if he showed me round his studio and played a bunch of instruments. I'd love to talk music.
  • Harrison Ford Kind, considerate, collaborative, creative, handsome - what's not to like? I've enjoyed every role he's ever played. My favorites are Indiana Jones and Deckard. This man is deep but open.
  • Pierce Brosnan This one had me from "Hello." One look on the small screen was all it took. He was robbed of his full Bond turn - too little, too late. And they hid his greatest asset, his smile.
  • Bernard Hill Such rugged good looks and so healthy in an outdoors way. Here's a guy who means what he says and is firm but understanding - a rock. Also, great with horses. Just watch the documentary showing him "getting used to" his horse for LOTR. No doubt who and who's horse was in charge there.
  • Nicolas Cage The word "fey" was invented for this man. It was "Moonstruck" that did it for me. Looks good in "National Treasure", too. His voice has such a wide range of expression. Being with him would be quite the ride.
  • Hugh Grant This one is on the young end. However, having seen him in "Music and Lyrics" I can see he has the level of maturity I require. It's the posh voice, you know. Also, he must be a real nice guy when he can throw baked beans and everyone thinks its justified.
  • Hugh Jackman Just a date. That's all. Nothing serious. He's a bit young but he might do. I think I would just sit and drool. A talented actor who can play some really strong quirky characters very well. I'd like to hear him talk about his acting career.
  • Val Kilmer I couldn't take my eyes off of him in "Willow." Didn't recognize him in the next show I saw. Again, just a date. Just to have a conversation. I have a feeling I wouldn't be able to keep up but I would learn a lot.
  • Arnold Schwartzenegger Married, I know. But I'm so attracted to Germans. Okay, I know he's Swiss. Same thing. Sort of. Gentle giant. Forget the politics.
  • Jeff Bridges A guy who will keep secrets. Sensitive. Lovely voice. Knocked me out in "Starman." He's so comfortable with feelings and very deep.
  • Bruce Willis It was "Die Hard" and "The Fifth Element" and then he showed his sensitive side in "The Sixth Sense." And I lived in New Jersey for a year. Somehow that makes us neighbors. Yeah, I guess he is sort of the guy next door, the one that drinks beer and has all the guys over for football.

1 comment:

MKWM said...

Very good choices, Elaine! Apparently, our tastes are similar: H. Ford, P. Brosnan, J. Bridges, B. Willis and I would add Sean Connery, who is still extremely attractive despite his age.

Related Posts with Thumbnails