Saturday, September 08, 2007

Impeach Bush and watch extreme videos

I really enjoy watching others go all out for whatever they've got going on. Probably because I'm a pretty calm person (most of the time). Reminds me of high school when my friend Mary confronted a friend who had labeled her "phlegmatic." This was the highest insult Mary had every heard. She talked about it for days. She pontificated on all the evidence that proved she wasn't phlegmatic. There are those from my past lives who would never describe me as phlegmatic but I think I'm there now and have been there for a long, long time. That doesn't mean I'm uncaring.

Anyway, so back to Bush. I signed a petition to impeach Bush and have been getting these emails ever since. Today I took a look at a video claiming infringement of the First Amendment and police brutality with a horse. I agree on both counts. Police arrested the poster posters claiming inciting to riot. Well, talk about politics and you can incite a riot almost anywhere. Is that a judgment call? What's the difference between peaceable assembly and inciting to riot? When does it get to that point and stop being a Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park?

From there I went to the Impeach Bush YouTube site and viewed a few videos, including one from Neil Young and one showing Bill Maher. Bill's a guy who leaves no doubt about his opinion. A strong opinion tends to generate strong opinions in reply. Is that inciting to riot?

I try to feel concerned about the whole Iraq/Bush thing and I strongly disagree with 99% of Bush's foreign policy. On the other hand, it's hard to keep my life going when I'm so freaking angry all the time. Good luck to the protesters. I hope they get to march on D.C. and exercise their first amendment rights and all the other ones, too.

In the meantime, for a little light entertainment, try Extreme Girl Kiteboarding videos. I'm so glad women get to be just as extreme as men.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails