Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Elaine Unemployed - Day 10 of 24

Today was a bad day. Yesterday was a good day – a very good day. How does that happen? I don't know. I woke up unsure of what day it was. Had to go through yesterday's events to figure it out.

Today was a no-dress day. I put clothes on but I didn't get dressed. I did laundry and some freelance work. I walked the dog.

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch who thankfully listened to me talk about my search and did not suggest what a million others have suggested: part-time or joe jobs.

I plan to write more and, especially, write a tips list for those of you with unemployed friends. Here's an important DON'T. DON'T tell them how to look for work. There's no one who knows better how to look for work than an unemployed person, especially one who's been unemployed for eight months. Sometimes I think others believe I just haven't got it yet. Well, I have. Believe me.

Unemployed? Need tip? Hah!!

The Viggo Front
I'm watching "Ruby Cairo" (1992 - aka "Deception") for the second time. I'm determined to keep it for all of the five days Blockbuster allows because it took seven times (and six weeks and four free rentals) of getting the wrong movie ("Deception" - 2008) from the online service before I finally got the right one. Had to go to the store to get it, too. The best scenes of Viggo's character are the ones where he has a beard. So excellent. Lots of energy and confidence. Very believable. The directing lacks a bit of zip. The movie is worth watching anyway.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails