Monday, May 29, 2006

V For Vendetta

At last. I must be the last person to see this film. In a different age group. In my age group I'm probably one of the few. I saw a few "old" people at the Byrd Theatre. Sort of scary knowing that I will only get older and may one day be that old.

However, I am cheered by seeing culture passed on to and accepted by the younger generation. Have no idea which letter of the alphabet they are but they make really good adult films – as in "R" rated.

I am uncomfortable with V's methods but in sympathy with his idea. Freedom is necessary. Fear is one way to control the masses. Slowly but surely every little thing is becoming undesirable: marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, sugar, salt, fat, refined flour, unprescribed drugs, not having a prescription for something, thinking too clearly, having too much energy, having the wrong sort of expression on your face, not fitting in, not having enough security, doing your job too well. It's all here now.

Fortunately we can still vote. I hope it does some good. I hope Bush doesn't find a way to remove it. Until then, I can still write this and publish it.

Here's a message to those with habits: Not only are they habit forming but also predictable.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails