Saturday, June 30, 2007

Blocked!

It's happened. I have come up against a genuine bit of writer's block. I know what to write and where to go with the plot but I don't want to. So far I've replaced all my wandering jewelry back into it's case, washed the dishes, scrubbed the kitchen counter, lit a fragrant candle in the bedroom, entered all my purchase receipts from the last three days into Quicken (there weren't that many), upgraded iTunes, purchased two tunes, and cleared away all unnecessary peripheral junk from around the computer. Oh, and degaussed the monitor and cleaned away all the dust from it (after first finding the right kind of cloth). Crap. I have written some words. About 300. I still have about 4,000 to go before midnight if I'm to be a Script Frenzy "winner."

It's the winning that's driving all this. I can't lose after winning NaNoWriMo. I must press on. And all that.

Well, maybe if I take a shower and get dressed ... and have a trip to CVS ... and then, maybe ... it's so nice outside, ... sort of

1 comment:

Drama Queen said...

I guess you managed to break through the block then. . .well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails